Background

2.16.2013

MY noah.

Well, Jeremy officially did it.

Valentine's day is NOT one of my favorite days of the year! Traditionally, (since college) Carly, Erica, and I would drink wine, watch The Notebook and dream about finding a guy as good as "Noah". Then talk about how movies just make us depressed because there is just no way possible there is anyone or any relationship as great as they make it in the movies... Ha. Since then, I've had my mind up Valentine's Day isn't a day I care to celebrate all romantic like. I'd even told Jeremy not to get me ANYTHING. No candy. No card with underlined words (like its supposed to mean more b/c their underlined). Nothing.

So, I start my day of normal. I'm driving to work, listening to the radio. They're talking about how today's the day most women get engaged. I thought to myself... poor guys. Having to live up to expectations some women set for this day. Anyway... make it into work and who gets the first delivery... ME. First flower delivery of the day goes to this girl!
 

I laughed. Rolled my eyes a little while reading the card. And thought... Jeremy! I had told him not to do anything, but he knew that even though I don't care to celebrate... I still LOVED every bit of it. He's always so thoughtful. Such a "hard" shell to break, but still a softy all at the same time.

Then later that day, (with many more details) right before heading to bed, he asks me if I'd marry him. Yes, if I.. ME... would marry HIM. I won't lie. I was SO shocked. No where when I began my day, did I ever think it could end up like this:


I could not be happier. And I love that with every step we take, he is always trying to start us new traditions. I may not have ever been a fan of valentine's day... but he sure has made it a day that I will always remember. And a good day at that.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment